Look Mum We Have a Music Myspace


UPDATE (June 26, 2013)~ we have pretty much abandoned Myspace, but you CAN find us at our alive and kicking Glenfinnan Facebook page- please stop by;)

Glenfinnan is a village in Scotland famous for many things~ Bonnie Prince Charlie's gathering of the clans at the start of the Jacobite uprising of 1745, the rail viaduct featured in the Harry Potter films, the opening line of Highlander "Im Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod from the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel", and other great and wonderful events in Scots lore. Its also the place I always had in my mind's eye when I dreamed of visiting Scotland as a teenager. AND its easy to pronounce, so it made a great name for our Celtic band when we decided to switch from Tandragee (try it, if you are from Kansas you will never pronounce it correctly)

Our piper, Liam has been working on our Myspace and it actually has music on it!! Now I just need to get the band website up to speed...sigh. Anyway, go and have a look if you are interested in very homegrown and pretty rough around the edges Celtic folk music from the Heartland.

NOTE: Ian made the banner from a photo I took when I finally got to Glenfinnan. We arrived just before sunset, and it looked just like the photo in the book I dreamed over when I was a young girl. Yes, I did cry and hug Ian~ a lot;).

2 comments:

Anna said...

Best wishes on the new endeavor!

Carolina Gonzalez said...

Congrats Thyme! Please add this to Dawanda Pagans, I'm sure everyone will enjoy your beautiful music!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...